Sunday, May 30, 2010

Potty training day 1

One day down two to go. Ugh I'm exhausted to say the least. Today has been intense, but I am thrilled with the progress Livi is making. After breakfast I took off her final diaper and put her in big girl panties. Grabbed the remaining diapers we had left and I held a garbage bag out for her to throw them all away. While doing this she tells me 'diapers are for babies' 15 minutes after putting her in the panties I went into the bathroom explained the potty chart I made her and had her sit on the 'big potty' figured if I'm going to train her it's not going to be on her princess potty she'll eventually need to use the big one. I gave her tons of apple juice and water today so she'd have to pee a lot. We had one successful pee on the potty which I was excited about. The rest of the time she would look at me, sheer panic in her eyes and say 'umm mommy' then the pee would start trickling down her legs. I scooped her up and immediately took her to the potty and had her sit on it even if she was done. Nap time came around and I put her down in her panties. Went to wake her up and right as I walked in the door she let me know she just peed the bed.
Even though she only peed technically once on the potty I think today went pretty well. She is no longer afraid of the 'big potty' like she was before, she's getting better at telling me when she has to go even if it's a few seconds to late. Livi asked for her diapers a few times today and I reminded her that we threw them away and she had to wear her big girl panties now. However tonight I wasn't so daring I did put her to bed in a pull up. Figure night time I will do that until she can go a good length of time waking up completely dry in the morning. We went through 7 pairs of panties today, 3 t-shirts a set of sheets and one of her 'special blankies' we watched 4 dvds through out the day. Played with play dough and colored. I really think she enjoyed all the one on one attention she was getting. Poor little Ian however was in his bouncy seat or swing most the day. Matt has a horrible cold right now so he's trying to avoid spending lots of time around us so he wasn't any help. I hope he gets better soon and we better not get sick! Well I'll update again tomorrow on how day 2 went. Play dough and apple juice
Watching the Chimpmunks her favorite!

vegging before bed

No comments: