Sunday, March 7, 2010

Welcome to the world Ian!

Well the Wi-Fi in the labor and delivery room didn't have great connection so I wasn't able to keep everyone updated during our induction. I kept track though on my cell and took notes so I could recap it for everyone that wanted to know. Matt's out shopping with Livi and Ian is sleeping so I have some down time and figured I'd post the info and photos of my little guy.


March 5th 2010


Finally at 8:44am got a call from the hospital telling us to come on in. I had just fallen back to sleep (finally) and woke up in a sheer panic and yelled at Matt to hurry up and get in the shower. We got out of the house and on the road by 9:15am and got to the hospital around 9:35am. Got checked in and wheeled down to the labor and delivery room. I had a fabulous nurse when we got there, she got me all hooked up to the monitors and I had my IV started at 10:30am. I hate getting IV's and that's the part I dreaded most going into the induction. I told my nurse and she told me if I would like she could numb the area first before sticking it in. I answered yes and let me tell you besides a tiny little pinch I felt nothing it was wonderful! 10:45am I was checked I was still 3 cms dilated, not much had changed from the day before. Pitocin was started to start making me contract. From then until about 1pm Matt and I relaxed and watched a DVD I had little contractions but nothing to bad. A little after 1pm Dr. Michaelson came in and broke my water was checked again and was at 4 1/2 cms. Pitcoin was up'd some more to get things really going. About 2:30pm contractions were coming every 3 minutes and were starting to hurt. We were waiting on the anesthesiologist because she was on lunch but at 3pm she walked on in and by 3:40pm I was nice and numb. Got checked after the epidural and was at 6 cms. Called my friend, Keren to let her know to come to the hospital because she was going to photograph Ian's birth us. She arrived shortly after and we sat around talking. Ian's heart rate started dropping and the nurse had me flip on my stomach guess my little man was facing sunny side up and by having me lay on my stomach would get him to hopefully flip face down. It was so uncomfortable let me tell you I felt tons of pressure while laying like this and after 15 minutes my nurse had me flip on my back again. She checked me I was at 9cms and Ian had flipped to where he needed to be and his heart rate picked back up. At 6:20pm I was checked one final time and was 10 cms and it was time to start to push. I did a practice one and she paged Dr. Michaelson to head on down. I pushed for a good 15 minutes and at 6:41pm my little guy was born my OB even let grab him after his shoulders were delivered and pull him onto my chest. It was such an over whelming experience I couldn't stop crying. Due to Ian being sunny side up for so long his poor little face was so bruised and his left arm as well. He was 9 lbs 1 oz and 20.5" long
My OB came in Saturday morning and asked if I wanted to leave Saturday or wait until Sunday. Matt and I agreed if the pediatrician cleared Ian that we'd leave Saturday. The pediatrcian gave him a clean bill of health and we were discharged at 5:30pm. It was so nice going home I'm so glad I didn't have to stay another night. I missed Livi so much and wanted to sleep in my bed. Livi threw a minor fit when my parents dropped her off last night, but she got over it quickly. She's adjusting well to her brother. Ian slept last night for 4 hours straight ate then fell back asleep for another 2 1/2 hours. Our first night home went easier then I thought it would.
Well here's what you're all waiting for photos of my little guy enjoy!













Dr. Michaelson holding Ian 3.6.10












No comments: