Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Family of 4 come Friday
Well we will officially be a family of four on Friday! I had an OB appt this afternoon and my OB is inducing me Friday morning. He asked me when I'd like to do it and I told him as soon as the hospital could fit me in. Since I'm not 39 weeks yet and he can legally only induce me a week early I have to wait until Friday. This induction is going to be different then mine was with Livi. When I had her I showed up to the hospital got and IV they started pitocin to start my contractions and my OB broke my water. This time around I go in to his office on Thursday and they'll put a Foley catheter in and leave it in place by my cervix until I go to the hospital Friday morning. The catheter will help thin my cervix out and dilated me over night before the induction takes place. He'll break my water once I arrive at the hospital and get the pitocin going. He told me doing the induction with the catheter will speed the whole process up. The hospital will call me sometime between 4am and 11am to inform me when they have a room open on Friday. Since I'll already have the catheter in place he said there's no way I will get bumped off the induction list for the day. Wow in three days we're going to have two kids!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment