Monday, March 15, 2010

10 day check up

Life has been busy busy around here for the last ten days. Last night was probably the most difficult since we've been home. Plus the time change didn't help with Livi's sleep schedule much. Needless to say we were all awake until after 2 am. I ended up crashing on the couch, Matt was up playing a game on his X-box, Ian wouldn't sleep without his pacifier and would wake up every five minutes when it fell out of his mouth. Livi ended up sneaking out of her room around 5 am and fell asleep with me. I woke up at 9 am and laughed all four of us (five including the dog) we're passed out on our couch. Wish I had a photo :)
Gidian had his 10 day check up this afternoon and he got circumcised. Matt and I both decided to stay in the room while our pediatrician did the procedure. I hardly looked but my skin began to crawl when I heard them snipping at my poor little guys skin ugh... I think the whole experience was worse on me then on Ian. He got a clean bill of health and we bring him back next month when he's a month old. Right now he's eating about every 2-3 hours 3 oz of formula at a time. At night he'll go longer 4-5 hour spans (not last night it was every 2 hours) which is nice for us to get a little sleep.
Alivia is still adjusting to having her brother here. She's definitely jealous and it breaks my heart. When ever I'm feeding the little guy she wants me to get up and get her something to eat or drink and when I'm holding him she wants to snuggle with me. She's throwing extreme temper tantrums, which she never did before. Hopefully this stage wont last long for her. Yesterday Livi and I left the boys at home so we could do some shopping. I let her pick out a package of big girl panties since we plan on trying to potty train her in the near future.
Well both kiddos are napping and I think I should try to take a little nap as well.



First time in his swing.


She's huge compared to her brother!




Big girl panties


10 days after delivery only 12 lbs left to loose until I'm back at pre-prego weight

Can't believe this was only 11 days ago insane!

No comments: