Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Trip to the Zoo

Let me start out by saying, Yes I am crazy and took my daughter to the zoo it was 40 degrees and pouring down rain. Our good friends, Renee and Josh drove over from Spokane this morning with their 2 foster kids. They picked me and Livi up and we headed out to Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium. It was so cold and most the animals weren't out due to obvious weather conditions I'm sure. We had a good time though. I was soaked but Livi was bundled up real good and stayed nice and toasty in her stroller. It was fun seeing them, the last time we saw then Livi was about 6 months old. There were a bunch of indoor exhibits and the aquarium so we weren't in the rain that much. My favorite exhibit at this zoo is the Beluga whales. Unfortunately one of them passed away last week so there was only one swimming around in the tank. It's sort of tradition every time we go to the zoo with Livi we always by her a stuffed animal so I got her a otter today she loves it keeps kissing it's little nose. We were at the zoo for an hour and half then I told Renee about Indulge Cupcake in Puyallup so while the kids were sleeping in the car we left Josh with them and ran in to get coffee and cupcakes to go. Next we stopped for lunch. My lunch ended early I had to take Liv out to their car to change her poopy diaper and ohh boy did she have a suprise for me. It was everywhere all down her leg, up her back sick! Thankfully I remembered to pack extra clothes. I always bring extra pants but she needed new everything. This was the first blow out she's had in months! Well I have to go get the family together we're heading to Nick's going away party in an hour. He's leaving to go back to Afghanistan tomorrow morning.

Mom you're crazy for agreeing to the zoo trip!




Beluga Whale




Full mouth and cuddling her otter at lunch

No comments: