
I've been slacking and haven't done my weekly grocery shopping in about 2 weeks. Just grabbing things here and there and having Matt bring home random items when he comes home from work. The last few months I've been trying to save as much as possible while I'm at the grocery store. So every Tuesday we get the Safeway ads in the mail then I sit down and write out my weekly grocery list and plan a whole week worth of meals using what's on sale. On average I save at least $40/ week doing this. I worked until almost 8pm tonight and had no motivation to figure out what to make for dinner. Little Caesars went in right across the street from our salon so my stomach was leaning me that direction. Then I remembered duh... what was my last blog about? Loosing 10 lbs!! So pizza was out of the question. Still stumped on what to cook for dinner I remembered a quick easy snack I saw on the Disney Channel earlier this week. There is a show called 'Tasty Time with Ze Fronk' they usually show it between two shows Livi likes to watch in the morning. Basically if you haven't seen it, it's about this dog that makes nutritious snacks that are easy enough for kids to make with the help of their parents. So in order to eat semi healthy today I got my dinner inspiration from that show. I made some turkey wraps. Easy, fast and good Livi even enjoyed them. A lot better for the old waist line then a pizza. Plus I have not had a Starbucks since Sunday. (I think I deserve a pat on the back for that one haha)

No comments:
Post a Comment