Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Eve

I was thrilled I had gotten all my shopping out of the way before Christmas Eve. I believe this is the first year I wasn't out amongst all the last minute shoppers and I was glad. I did go out on Friday to pick up a few little things and get groceries for my mom. I went to two stores and it took me almost 4 hours because of all the people. So happy it was just me and I didn't have the kids along.
Christmas Eve we spent over at my folks house. My dad made a Tri-tip and we had tons of yummy sides and three different pies for dessert. The kids opened gifts from Shealun and Roger that evening too keep them entertained while the adults gabbed. Livi got a V-Tech Brilliant advanced learning computer. (She got it for $50 at Target and I found it on Target.com for half price so we took it back. Can't beat a good deal) then they got Gidian a Little people fire truck with mega blocks. When we got home the kids opened their usual Christmas eve gift from Matt and I, their Christmas jammies. Livi set out chocolate toffee cookies her and Matt had made and a glass of egg nog for Santa. She has been anticipating Christmas for quite a while and we thought she'd be up late into the night, but she was out quick.

No comments: