Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Baby Isaac

My heart aches right now, I've been following a blog online I came across on one of my mommy message boards I visit. Here's the link if you would like to read it http://sgirl79.blogspot.com/
I'll try to summarize it alittle bit if you don't read their blog. This couple Stacy & Spencer were expecting a baby boy. 12 weeks along in her pregnancy they discovered baby Isaac had a few chromosomal abnormality. Isaac was born earlier today he spent 16 precious minutes with his parents before he passed away.

I wanted to post a little section from her blog she wrote the day before he was born

I think it goes without saying why this post is titled what it is...I guess it could be stated as "24 hours until I get to meet my son," or, as it has been feeling to me, "24 hours is the time I know that I have left with Isaac." Either way, it seems like in a blink of an eye, I have thought of the time left until October 7 in months... then weeks... then days... and now hours. Hours.To be honest, this morning my heart is just really heavy... heavy for the uncertainty of what the next few days will bring, heavy for Isaac and wanting so much for him to not be in pain and to just feel so loved, heavy for Spencer and his heart as a father, heavy for my parents as they prepare to meet their first grandson.

I thought a lot about their family today and to realize how lucky Matt and I are to have a beautiful healthy baby girl. I guess no matter how frustrated we may get at times we are truly blessed and I'm sure they would give anything to be able to spend a day in my shoes with their child.

No comments: